The Lega del Filo d'Oro has a presence in various parts of Italy through its local branches in Osimo, Milan, Rome, Naples, Molfetta and Modena, which are all important points of reference for the deafblind and their families.
Specialised teams work in all of them. These are made up of social workers and assistants who collaborate with the local services with the aim of helping the deafblind to integrate and improving their quality of life.
The main services provided by the local branches are:
• support for users and their families (social and social-educational services)
• analysis of user needs and activation of personalised programmes
• consultancy with the different local services
• co-ordination of local volunteers
• information and awareness-raising.