“The assistance, education and rehabilitation of the deafblind and multisensory impaired and their reintegration into the family and society”. This is the aim of the Lega del Filo d'Oro. It means constant commitment to improving the quality of life of the deafblind and multisensory impaired through:
• the creation of specialised institutions;
• the training of qualified staff;
• research and trials in the field of deafblindness and multisensory impairment;
• forming relationships with other organisations, institutions and foreign and Italian universities;
• raising awareness in appropriate organisations and with the general public of this type of disability.